July 12, 2004

Remember the Found Dog Ad?

It's ironic that I found it, because Saturday morning I found a VERY SKINNY puppy at the partially constructed house next door. Of course she had a collar and NO TAGS! She's also kind of beat-up with some cuts on her face paws and legs. She and Emma have gotten along swimmingly except for once incident. Man can this puppy put away food! She eats twice as much as Emma and at a ferocious speed. She does not get mad if Emma eats her food either. Strange sweet girl. Ex. #1 fell in love with her the first time he looked into her big brown eyes. We swore we wouldn't name her, and we've made a poster to put up in the neighborhood, but he's already talking about taking her home with him. He didn't last long with that idea and named her Mildred because it was an old fashioned name to go with Emma. She prefers "Millie" and will respond to it.

It's hard to justify putting up a sign advertising the fact that we found a dog and inviting the owner to claim her when she is so underweight and cut-up. But who knows how long she's been loose? 3 days, 3 weeks? Maybe it was not their fault she is in bad shape. Plus, I would want someone to do the same for me were Emma to get out.

Until the cards are played and we know whether or not she is moving to Dallas I am going to care for her. When I adopted Emma she was severely underweight and the vet told me to feed her chicken and rice with her dog food. It worked well so now I am going to do it for Millie, just to see how much weight she can put on in one week. Hopefully she doesn't mind brown rice, it's all I have!
I have pictures of her, but I cannot download "Hello" to the computers here at work, so I will post them later today. She's so beautiful!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think you go around LOOKING for stray dogs.
but she sure is cuuuuuute!
<3 s.r