July 16, 2008

Thinkin' I'll hit the road

I am going to Port Aransas tonight night and I am really looking forward to it. Texas beaches aren't very pretty, they're still beaches, with all of the right smells, breezes, sand and stickiness. Plus, I LOVE the drive. The first hour and a half sucks a little, because I go through San Antonio, but the rest of the drive, 3 1/2 - 4 hours, is awesome. There is pretty much NOTHING between San Antonio and Corpus Christie but scrub brush. So it's a whole lot of singing and smoking cigarettes, sunset, twilight, and other people's head-lights. Then, stcky salt air! I don't take the ferry, but the bridge. My sister Brooke will also be there with both her kids and her husband, Mat. Plus Sara T, my cousins Katie and Lucy and their parents, my mom and step-father, my grandmother and grandfather, and my aunt and uncle. In the end, it may not be much of a rest, but I'm pretty sure it will be tons of fun. The only bad part is that I don't smoke around that part of my family. So I'll have to sneak off once or twice a day, with the excuse of getting sodas, or going on a walk and hope no one notice what I am really up to. I know it is dumb, but I would rather avoid the weekend full of criticism I would get once a Summer otherwise.
I AM SO EXCITED! So I am going to wrap up the packing. 
Happy trails!


No comments: