October 12, 2004

I feel like deleting yesterday's entry. It was such a disorganized purging of thoughts that it makes me mad. It was just stored up and all tried to come out at once.
I remembered today, once I got to school, why I quit working at the hotel. I dozed in my Anthropology lab and decided to go home. It is amazing how productive I was! Because I could not sleep a wink. Finally I put a piece of black cloth over my window. I got about an hour of natural sleep and then took some allergy medicine to induce the rest.
In the time I spent at home not sleeping I managed to get and Anti-Virus program, a Spyware blocker, a Pop-Up stopper, and two patches I greatly needed. Plus a whole bunch of updates from Microsoft and then I defragmented my computer. It still isn't working very well. I'm thinking of saving what I really, really love to disk and just deleting everything else and reloading all of my software. It sounds like such a pain in the ass but I don't know what my other options are.
I'm starting to wonder what my life would be like now if I hadn't left the hotel and was currently Assistant Accountant. One Auditor short I would still be working tonight, in fact, the person who took the job I was going to fill when I left should be here now - but that's a different entry. I wonder if the auditor who recently quit would have stayed if he were under a different person. I wonder how I'd be doing in school, and if I'd be paying off my credit card. I wonder what it would be like to have a real weekend off. To know that I was sure to have weekends off would be great. I'm sure there would be really bad things about it too, like working full time, but how many hours am I working this week between my two jobs? 57? Forty sounds like a walk in the park. I need to tell the Front Desk manager that I won't be able to do this next week before I get myself into trouble.
On a more pleasant note, the security guard I couldn't stand is no longer here. Hooray!

1 comment:

The Q said...

I read everyone's comments after I posted this. Who would've guessed such a response? After reading it again I don't have quite as much disdain as I did earlier, there are a couple of parts I'd change.

Tracey - I'll see about getting the recipes up soon.