October 12, 2004

Who Cares If I lick My Fingers After I Eat?

When I was with Samantha last we read this blurb of an article in SHAPE Magazine about liking food too much. This title paraphrases one of the signs that you like food too much. At first I though this was my problem, right? I had all of the "symptoms" but what I realized is that most of my problems lay in "fast foods" not necessarily McD's, but in frozen and microwavable stuff. So today I made some cous cous and stirred in some left-over spinach and decided to wilt the last of it to use in pasta. In my head I was making a list of things I have that would go well with it: Onions, Mushrooms, etc. Yes I like food, a lot, but when I give in to it I wind up taking better care of myself. I'm going to get more out of that pasta dish than I would have gotten from the two veggie corn dogs that would have been eaten in it's place. I'll also be happiersince I love to cook so much, so screw that idea - they're WRONG! And, coincidentally Samantha and I made really delicious, healthy pizzas. I licked my fingers afterwards.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

for a foodlover, you certainly do tease about squash.
how about emailing me the recipes for the things you do to butternuts (squash, that is)?
pesteringly,
tracey