March 20, 2020

Social Distance Day 8

Today we finished making bread that we started yesterday. Currently, I’m making soup from rice and staple-veggies in stock that I made. A curated playlist called “chill mix” is playing, and it’s cool and damp outside. I spent part of my day mending a dress  I made for my littlest that tore last week during some rough housing. We took a walk in the rain with our umbrellas.

All of these little parts in a list make for a magical sounding day, but between all those little parts my daughters watched Netflix all day long and I spent most of the day trying to catch up on dishes. The current state of the world has me feeling trapped and anxious, and the rain is making it worse. I’m hoping that dinner with my family, and maybe a glass of wine, will help change all of that.


No comments: