March 28, 2020

Fun Difference Between Me and My Husband

Last night after we got the girls in bed I mowed the back yard as it got dark. The plan was to do the rest today, but right now it looks as if it might rain. That is really going to mess up my day, but that rant is a different post.

After I showered I thought about going to bed, but it was only 9:00 pm. “That’s never stopped you before,” my husband said from the other side of the couch. Instead, I fed a new sourdough starter I picked up from Easy Tiger (I killed my last one when I was pregnant with the younger girl), and looked at recipes for bread. I filled an hour with research, then said, “Okay, I’m going to bed now. At least I did SOMETHING productive.” He paused Animal Crossing and looked at me, “We we’re supposed to?”

I don’t “do nothing.” If I watch a movie with him, I’ll just watch the movie with him, but that is both entertainment and nurturing our relationship (I promise). If I am watching something alone, I am also folding laundry, doing dishes, organizing seeds or sewing supplies. This is probably why I can’t read a book these days, and why I haven’t played a video game on my own in 10 years, only as an activity to do with him. I’m not sure I know how to just do one, purely enjoyable, thing. Even sewing has another purpose in providing low cost / repurposed / up cycled clothing for me and my family.

During Isolation this difference is very noticeable and causing some tension. I may be the only one who has noticed.

No comments: