September 27, 2019

Terrible seems to just be a constant hum I’ve managed to get used to. Occasionally everything else in my life gets quiet and then it’s really noticeable and I don’t get out of bed.

There are wonderful things. I love the music classes I teach. Singing and dancing with families releases a lot of endorphins. My garden is growing, the fall is very slowly creeping in, I finished a book for the first time in years. It only took four months.

Recently I’ve been re-assessing my impact on the planet, and I’m making an effort to figure out a way to use my car less, and bike more. If I can pull it off for a bit, I have my eye on a cargo bike that would make the hills that give my neighborhood it’s name MUCH easier to conquer.

Right now, I’m trying to figure out how to find low waste toothpaste and butter for banana muffins I started making, get some instruments to south Austin, and make elementary school pick up time. Domestic bliss.

No comments: