January 13, 2019

Damn Life is Funny

The end of 2018 sucked. There is no way around it. My dad wound up in the hospital FOR FOUR WEEKS.Several days in ICU. The day after my last post I was laid off. I had a bunch of potential leads for new gigs but none of the people had any urgency. It was dark.

It took me a while to find my personal laptop after returning the one I'd used for work so long. Any post during that time, and there were many swirling in my head, would have been bleak. I was in emotional survival mode.

This weekend things turned around. My Music Together class started last week. I am teaching my first full class alone on Tuesday. Today, I started working for a friend cleaning stalls at the barn where I previously boarded Faux Pas. She has already tried to get me to buy a horse. Good thing I'm only out there in the mornings on weekends! I haven't lost my touch in the two years that have passed since Faux Pas' death. I am still a fast and efficient stall cleaner. Horses still like me.

This week I also start working with a local maker space helping with communication to clients and organizing the physical space. I'm looking forward to flexing that muscle with the hopes that it carries over into my home more.

It occurred to me today that all three job are with women-owned businesses. I think that's pretty bad ass, and it feels good to be valuable.

At home? I keep remembering to feed the dogs, and my garden and yard are going to look pretty good at this rate. I just haven't been able to figure out what my new routine is yet. I got laid off 3 days before Bonnie's school went on break, then there were holidays, then school resumed, but they hadn't gone to the extended schedule yet. Now here I am getting my side hustles going and they will all effect my routine. Whew! It's a bit like being Dorothy in the funnel cloud!

No comments: