October 10, 2018

10-10-10

Today I've been married to my husband (previously referred to as Mr. Adventure) for eight years. I have to say, it really is one of the best things that ever happened to me. No relationship is perfect, and we're always working on it because life is constantly changing. I was so lucky to find someone who shares the outlook that it is important that we each remain individuals, and nurture our interests and creativity. We don't neglect each other - we regularly check-in, work on our individual creative projects while together and collaborate or give input, take a night off for a movie or a game, and go out on a date if we can find a sitter (but man that is hard with two kids!). We are supportive of one another, but help each other mind limits: I quit a toxic job, he stood behind my decision and encouraged me to keep looking for a new job when I got discouraged; He started playing piano and I encouraged him to keep practicing, but made him wait to buy a piano until it was clear he'd continue to play.
Right now my favorite moments include listening to him play Satie Gnossiennes while I sew, and watching him help our oldest daughter learn piano.
Chances are he won't read this. I think he quit checking my blog long ago, but I felt it needed some documentation. When everything is awful, I still have him to make waking up worth it.

No comments: