September 20, 2018

I’ll pretend these dark circles are mascara

Today I am “Helping Parent” at my older daughter’s preschool. For four hours I will help wrangle 14 kids. I did everything I could to make sure we would be ready to go this morning since we’ll have to be there early. I even packed our lunches to eat after school to avoid hanger!  I will still be going in ill-equipped though. The littlest one woke up just before 5 AM and instead of waking up her dad and sending him in, I got up to deal with it. I got her back to sleep around six. Which was when I had planned to wake up. The difference between college-Corley and current-Corley is that though I may be tired and I could definitely fall asleep again without any problem, I now know that I would not be able to wake back up in time.  So, I am facing a very long day. I still have to work this afternoon and there are plenty of things I need to do after the girls go to bed tonight to help their dad prepare for an upcoming trip. I have to wake up the big girl in five minutes and I need to change my mindset about how this day is going to play out before I do that. Here’s hoping!

No comments: