October 26, 2008

Slow and steady means you accomplish less.

 First, I wanted to get things done this weekend. Then, I wanted to get things done today. I really tried, but it seems like anytime I try and improve anything it just gets screwed up. For example, about 4pm today I decided to clean the bathroom and re-caulk the tub. I got about half way through scraping out the old caulk when the lightbulb in the bathroom went out. I did most of the rest of it by the light of a night-light and what little light came in through the open door. Later, when Casey got back with a new light bulb, I started afresh, only to have THAT light bulb go out, too. A compact florescent, no less! We unplugged the fan part of the light fixture and put in ANOTHER bulb. I finally got to the the actual caulking, only to find out that one of the tubes I'd purchased was dried up. The second one didn't go far. I thought Home Depot was still open, but I was wrong. I don't know about your nearest Walmart, but mine is really busy on a Sunday night. A few more things went wrong, but I finally finished. I had wanted to clean the entire bathroom, but fell way short. And now, six hours after the time I'd thought I'd finish what was supposed to be a small project, all I want to do is take a shower. However, I can't, because the fucking caulk has to cure. 

No comments: