August 18, 2008

What a crappy day!

I am so tired I can't keep my eyes open long enough to finish a task.

I never seem to have any change left over for me when I get a paycheck.

My bank is dicking me around about charges they said they'd pay a month ago. You see, they posted a draft twice, which over-drafted my account. Before they fixed that problem, my electricity payment hit my account and went back as NSF. Now City of Austin is charging me $25 for it, and though they said they would reimburse me for any fees I wound up with, the branch manager basically refused to talk to me today. It would be an hour wait if I wanted to speak with her and oh, by the way, "we only refund charges issued by Capitol Credit Union." I'm contacting someone else. It isn't like I'm asking that they pay me back for an NSF fee that was valid! I had enough money in my account. I am not the only person in the world who might over draft if a $400 check is post two weeks in a row. I had balanced my account. I knew that bill would go through. Grumble, grumble.

I don't know what to do about the apartment. I'm thinking of just cutting my losses and getting rid of the required deposit. I don't know that I care about $150 when my rent is virtually cut in half.
I think, but I haven't decided, that I will just start packing. I don't think it will hurt for my apartment to look less cluttered. I did take a couple of photos of it yesterday. Maybe I'll post 'em so you can see how tiny it is! It really is a comfy little apartment, and I promise to clean the carpet and re-caulk the bath tub before I go, and if I drop the whole deposit thing the person who takes it off my hands stands to get a free $150.00.
Anybody?

Anybody?

No comments: