December 19, 2006

Have you listened to Damien Rice?
You should. You really, really should.

Some of his songs rock my soul.

I looked all over his band site, just in case,(http://www.damienrice.com/) and understandably only found his record label's address. So here is an invitation for Damien Rice:
Mr. Rice -
I know you have been to Austin a few times, I hope that we have shown you a good time. I'm inviting you and the band back because I think you are phenomenal musicians. I'd like to take you out around town, I think you'd blend in beautifully. So I'm inviting you to join me to drink, chain-smoke, eat greasy food in the middle of the night; actually, do just about anything, I love showing off Austin. As an added bonus, if I drink enough I'll sing Dolly Parton for you (I only know 1 1/2 songs, and I'm a decent singer. It's not too painful). I imagine you are interesting company, I'd love to find out.


Sincerely,
The Q








6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha FAN GIRL!

Lauren said...

What Dolly Parton do you know?

The Q said...

I know ALL of Jolene, and about 1/2 of Hard Candy Christmas.

madge said...

Jolene = best song evvvur.

Lauren said...

How about "I Will Always Love Lou"?

The Q said...

I wanted to make a cheezy innuendo joke with 'Lou' there, but I've decided against it. I guess I know three Dolly songs, but I'd have to be REALLY drunk to break into it.

I only sing 'Hard Candy' Nov 1st - Jan 6th.

LK, when will you come over and get drunk with me so that we can make an audio post of us singing Dolly and Bruce? I think it'll be the best audioblogging ever done.