March 1, 2006

Ash Wednesday

So this morning Ex #1 and I were having a text message argument.

It is my fault it began, and I should know better. It may not appear 'stern' but I know exactly how he's be saying each and every word. Except for the last sentence.

I send Ex #1 a check every month to go towards the debt we acquired from breaking our lease, and to help with taxes on the house, because I believe it is the right thing for me to do. He expected to have my help when he planned for these costs, so I want to take care of my part.
I am really bad at deadlines though, and so I usually send it the last day of the month, or the first day of the next. So here it goes:

"Are you planning on sending February's check"

"yes"

"Okay. When? Today is March 1."

"I was planning on going today, actually. How much postage should I put on the SASE?" (So that he can send me my mail. We're all very professional.)

"Don't know. Post office will tell you." (This makes me unreasonably angry. I DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH MAIL THERE IS Ex #1!)

I am writing a message that says the above bold when another comes in:
"Send a big envelope, you have lots of mail." THANK YOU

a few seconds later:
"And don't forget to get your ashes."

WHAT??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So...what ARE your ashes?

And, the dog links are great...very good writing...as is yours, although that lady's son...hmmmm. I've always enjoyed your way of putting things.

madge said...

This all seems very cute to me.