January 27, 2011

Thanks for making me feel better!

The building I work in is really big. It is almost a quarter of a mile long. To be honest, I work in a cube-farm, and it all looks the same. Sometimes I get turned around, and then I get embarrassed about the fact that I have worked here for two years and I still go the wrong way, so I'll make a loop and try and come up with a reason to be in that part of the building. For example, today when leaving the bathrooms at the middle of the building I accidentally turned left instead of right, and I wound up at the back of the building, opposite of where I wanted to be. I decided that if anyone asked (because I know people down there, that I rarely see) I would tell them I was trying to find a vending machine with Cherry Coke Zero. You can never find it, so it seemed solid. Also, I needed sto be looking for something I wouldn't find since I didn't have any cash. I made it to the vending area, pretended to look for it, walked back, all with out incident. I was nearly back to where I started when I came across my friend Erin. "Where've you been?" she asked. We sit in the same row, so she knows that there isn't really a reason for me to be down there.
I told her the truth about getting lost, and how I was playing it off, and my back story in case someone else asked. As I did I realized that there was Cherry Coke Zero in the vending machine we were standing by. When I got done explaining Erin had a huge grin on her face. "You're a little crazy," she said, "It's slipping out."

No comments: