November 18, 2010

Oh, Dear!

The margaritas made me miss a day!

I had such a long day yesterday that I decided to take friends up on a last minute dinner invitation.

El Meson was amazing. We had the best server ever who did a great job reading the needs of the table. He let us know that he judged his favorite dish on color, and texture, etc, and he was quite charming. He otherwise realized that we were there to visit and stayed out of our hair. The margarita's were JUST what I needed, and the setting was great for a triple date. I think that the other tables may have had some complaints over how loud we were as the acoustics are kind of intense. The bathroom sink in the ladies' room is beautiful. That goes a long way for me - they care enough to be sure elements in their restroom are attractive.
The food is A-mazing. I had the special (about $13.00), which included mushrooms I cannot name, in crepes with cheese and a delicious creamy sauce and salsa. I think My friend Sarah had a food-orgasm over her poblano relleno topped with pomegranate kernels. It was the kind of meal you ignore when you go to log your food for Weight Watchers. They do have realistic portion sizes, though, and reasonable prices.
We closed the place down. It is small, pretty intimate. Kind of hidden, and TOTALLY amazing. It is now my favorite Mexican restaurant. I am wondering, though, if the magical margaritas have a lot to do with my warm and fuzzy feelings about the place.

El Meson
2038 S Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78704
(512) 442-4441

No comments: