February 2, 2010

Working on my life list...

Wheat bread - Hello, Life List!
Profile
I don't have the recipe memorized yet, but I am working on it. A loaf a week for sandwiches sounds reasonable, right? That is, if the loaf lasts the week. I find that the second it comes out of the oven people start taking big chunks out of it. I can't complain-bread is made for eating.
Sorry that they are blurry iPhone pics. It prevents you from seeing the beautiful wheat detail. You know what is sad? Those pictures show ALL of my counter space. If you think I'm kidding look closely at each picture. On the left side of the top picture is my kitchen sink, on the right side of the bottom picture you can see the wall behind the red coffee cup. I have to stack my microwave and toaster-oven!
In the garden right now we have spinach, brussel sprouts, onions, carrots, radishes, lettuce, and swiss chard. There is an organic farmer in my yoga series who has offered any wisdom I might need. Here's to a good Spring harvest!

No comments: