June 30, 2009

VACATION!

I know that most people who frequent my blog have already seen these pictures. They can just scroll down to my last post.

Overcast boats

This is what it looked like when we arrived - or maybe this was the next morning? It pretty much looked like this all of the time. It was nice. No, it was better than nice, it was a God-send.

SF Sea Lion photos

Guess what these are? Sara T's new favorite animal. They are adorable, loud, and MAN do they have a stink about them!

Photos from SF tour, 1st whole day

Our first whole day we took a 5 hour bus tour around the city. We went to Sausalito, the Golden Gate Bridge, Lombard St, Chinatown, The Japanese Tea Garden, to look at the old Victorian houses, and more. The pictures above are a brief summary.

SF day 2

The second whole day, we started out at Mama's Cafe for breakfast. You have to be there before they open to get in line if you don't want to have too long a wait. We only had to wait about 15 minutes once the doors opened. After breakfast we walked to Coit Tower to see all of San Francisco from it's highest point. Later that afternoon we went to Alcatraz. I took SO MANY Alcatraz pictures, but it id a place that really wants to be photographed - decrepit and geometrical, with nature working it's way back in.


Other things that I saw and liked

These are random photos I took over the weekend while we were walking. I love that city, and would move there in a heart beat if I thought I could afford living there. In the Ferry Building the trash cans have a section for trash, one for recycling, and one for compost. How perfect!? I love walking, and 65 degrees every day wasn't bad, either. especially when I had to return to Texas and unseasonably warm weather.

To see larger versions of any of these pictures, you can click on them. It will take you to my Flickr page.

No comments: