January 10, 2009

resolve

I have been to the gym 5 times so far this year. That is 50% woo-hoo! So far I haven't been sore once, which means I am not working hard enough, I guess.
Casey and I have come up to Fort Worth to visit his family because his mom just had surgery. We'll be taking it easy for the most part. I've already done some laundry, and later Casey and I are supposed to go exercise. We'll see if I can keep myself motivated under such comfy circumstances. All I really want to do is curl up with a book.
Speaking of books - I just read Stephenie Meyer's The Host. I liked it. Like The Twilight books, it sort of sucks you in, but it is more thought provoking, I think. I would still consider it a light read, but it was worth the time. I am moving on to Still, She Haunts Me which is supposed to be based around Lewis Carroll's relationship with Alice. I tried to read it once before and was unsuccessful. We'll see if I can get into it this time.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Is it some kind of pedophile book? I though Lewis Caroll's Alice was a neighbor kid which he was abruptly stopped from seeing.