January 28, 2009

How I'd spend $1,000

I'm boring. I have to say I'd put it towards my balance with Visa. I've been trying to pay this bitch off for years - three to be exact. I have $1,800.00 left - taking a $1,000 chunk out of that would be so nice. $800 I could pay off in nine months. That would be awesome.

Now, If I won twice? That second $1,000 would go to making our house look the way it should / making it more efficient. I'd buy super think curtains to block out the heat/cold, bookshelves, wall shelves, and any other clever storage devices I could find. Then I would spend the rest on the garden. I have this thing for plants, and I have been outside three times today to look at the yard and garden boxes to try and figure out what and where I will plant things this year. Okra, peppers, and some sort of flower along the front of the house - preferably a good cutting variety; tomatoes and basil in metal basins along one side of the house; maybe climbing beans in a metal basin along the other side of the house? Pumpkin, zucchini, yellow squash, jalapenos in the two existing boxes. Also, I need to build a third, smaller garden box for lettuce which I will be starting in the spring, two weeks apart, and then again in late summer. If this all goes the way it did last year, we will not get much from the garden. I am hoping my luck will change!

No comments: