December 31, 2008

Life is just ridiculous!

Since Casey and I are going to get married, I have decided that it is about time to start trying to lose weight. It isn't just the wedding that makes me want to lose weight - I have gained more than 30 lbs in that last 3 years! Last night I was going through my closet to make room for some new clothes, and it made me realize just how many things I own that I can't wear. I was a size 8 three years ago, and now I am three sizes larger. Normally I try and watch what I eat , but don't stress about it. Until last week, I hadn't gained any weight in about 6 months. Oh, but last week. Last week I had the mind set "I am about to diet, so I am going to eat whatever I want right now." I did start exercising last week, to try and get in the right mind set, but I gained 6 lbs anyway! So, though I hate resolutions, I will be taking off some weight in 2009. I don't really have a choice.

My two resolutions - I want to be comfortable in my body, and in my home.

I'm looking for a storage facility today. I love all of our things, but we just can't use them all right now.

I hope that all of you have a happy and safe New Year's Eve.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Damned "happiness weight." Three years ago I, too, was a size 8.

My resolution this year is to work harder (at whatever is relevant, usually not at my job though) and not give up or get depressed so easily. And, yeah, to lose some f-ing weight!