February 29, 2008



This is what I did last night: enjoy a little dose of Austin music, art, fashion, and trendiness. I was a little behind on the trendiness.

Here's how it happened. Mr. A (to avoid confusion later on) works with a girl named Casey. Her boyfriend designs jewelry and some was featured at this event so she asked if Mr. A and I would come. The text message from Mr. A said something along the lines of "Tyler's got some jewelry in a show tonight, want to go?" and I said, "Sure."

It was, apparently, a big deal - and here I showed up in jeans, a tank, and a hooded sweater. I had been gardening (if you can call it that when it is all in pots), and only took time to get the dirt out from under my nails before we went. I kept towards the back. Casey, the girl, showed up looking like she belonged on stage, but she spent some time hanging out with me anyway. We mentioned to Rob, of Cream Vintage, that we'd like each like to be one of his models next year. Yeah, I'll keep you posted.

Turns out it was a Camel sponsored event, thus I got two free packs of cigarettes, a free drink, and free, though first-come, tickets to a Blue October show next Month. All and all, it was pretty fun, and I got to see a lot of the 'do's and 'don't's of Austin fashion. Most of the 'don't's were milling around me. Though some of the girls knew.how.to.dress!

Next year? I'll change clothes before I leave the house.

2 comments:

Random Kar said...

Er....I got a free "admit two" ticket, but this one doesn't say "first come" on it. I wonder what they're doing with this concert, and it's worrying me a little.

I'd better get in, that's all I have to say.

The Q said...

Is the image showing up? It may just be my comp at work.

The ticket doesn't say so, the Camel rep. did. She suggested that if we wanted to go we had better get into line early.

Good Luck! I haven't decided yet if I will go, Casey is thinking of skipping class (shh!), I may give my ticket to a co-worker of mine who badly wants to see them. I will only do it is I decide to stay home.