November 11, 2007

I do not get paid very well at my job. When I was hired on in the office They gave me an amount between what I had been paid as a receptionist, and what I needed to make to live, and then told me I would be able to work my way up to it based on my performance. That is fair. 

I have gone way beyond what I was hired to do. I cannot even express it. I started out as the assistant to the office manager, and now I do that and I am 1/2 Accounts Payable. 
My boss is moving up and her space will be vacant. Part of me thinks I am in no way qualified, which is not too far off. I'd have to learn a whole, whole lot to be there. Another pat of me says I deserve it, and can do it since many of the other people considered don't know anything about the responsibilities involved. I am trying not to get my hopes up too high, but I sure would like to be salary and making enough to buy things when I want/need them.

No comments: