November 26, 2007

EPA Approved

When I moved in to this apartment my bathtub was gross, and not much has changed despite my efforts.

You know how some commercials for bathroom cleaners will show someone spray cleanser on a dirty surface? The cleanser then drips down the filthy surface dragging the dirt along with it to leave sparkling streaks behind it. Sound familiar?

Dish soap does the same thing to soap scum! It made my tub cleaning much easier. For the very, very stained bottom I am trying an overnight paste of cream of tartar and hydrogen peroxide. It's something I've never tried before, so we'll see how well it works tomorrow morning. In fact, the bottom of my tub is so discolored that I can't tell if it is dirt or the cast-iron showing through worn down porcelain. Hopefully, tomorrow will tell.

Goodnight!

No comments: