November 4, 2007

Barton Creek Green Belt

A week or two ago (I have no sense of time anymore) Sara, Emma, and I went to the greenbelt to go hiking. It was SO MUCH FUN, and so I am sharing it with the world.


"Is it still blinking?"
Here we are, the trio, at Sculpture Falls. The timer on the camera was set, and we were not sure if we would all be in the photo or not. We were, and well look funny. For those of you who don't know, Barton Creek is notoriously cold.

Conquerors
We are out to conquer.

 

"Cold, cold water surrounds me now..."
And then, as I always do, I fell in. You should see how fast I got back up though! Cold water + cool breezy air = urgency. I retained my sense of humor.


Sitting on the Rock
Cold and wet, I took Sara's photo with surprisingly steady hands.


Pit
On our way back up the creek Sara and Emma posed together. Emma looks like such a Pit here!


I Love Emma
Emma also posed with me. 


Run Up a Tree
While we were there we learned that Emma can not only climb trees, but she can also swim. All this time she had me convinced that she hates water, and then, surprise she swam out on her own to try and find a skipped rock. 
If you look at the bottom right of this photo you can see my hand. I am holding it over my head, and though I am only 5'4" Emma is at quite the lofty height!

We all had a great time, and Sara and I agreed to do this sort of out-doorsy stuff more often.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a precious family you guys are!