November 26, 2006

Dinner Date

Remember how I craved curry in September?

Last night Casey and I finally made it to Bombay Bistro.

Color me impressed!

The restaurant is located in a strip center, but once you're inside you have no idea. The lighting is dim and romantic, the decor is at once striking and unobtrusive. It is a very nice place. Where you could take a date - and not break the bank. Pre-tip, our meal was $30.oo, which included a glass of wine, soup, an appetizer (which was my entree), and one entree.

Service was SUPERB - and I don't say that often. Our waiter was extremely helpful, making suggestions and offering comparisons to foods we might be more familiar with. He even suggested a really perfect Pinot Grigio to accompany my meal. As a server I have always found this difficult - despite my love for wine.

We wound up with TONS of food, and I will be having left-overs for lunch or dinner today. I look forward to it.

The only this I found disappointing was the fact that menu items did not indicate whether or not they were spicy in many instances. I don't mind. I LOVE spicy food. However, Mr. A and I have a completely different sort of tolerance for heat in a dish:

The Q: (reaching across the table to sample his side dish) "Mmm.. It is a little bit spicy, but it's really good!"
Casey: (takes a bite, coughs, and send me a good-natured, albeit dirty, look) " A little spicy??? Ha! You have a different definition of spicy!"

I was extremely pleased, and I will definitely return, and share the Bombay Bistro love. North Austin needs a place like this. So, when you're in town let me know, and I'll take you there.

Want more glowing information? Here's what the Austin Chronicle has to say. They are dead on!

1 comment:

madge said...

Okay, I will remember this.

;)