May 1, 2006

Did You Know?

Concerns women's health. May not be appealing to all readers.

That you can use plain yogurt as a topical treatment, instead of a medicated cream, to treat a yeast infection? I did, and thought of it today when I realized, while grocery shopping, that plain yogurt isn't really sold in small cups anymore.

It is quite cost effective, and I even asked my doctor about it and he said it was fine for mild to moderate yeast infections. However, if symptoms persist or worsen after five days of treatment go see a doctor!

I've also heard that you can use a clove of garlic with unbroken flesh (breaking the flesh releases juices that burn, apparently) as a vaginal suppository, but who wants to go around smelling like garlic down there? Ewww.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like to soak tampons in yogurt and freeze them. Cool, soothing and still effective.
Might I also recommend using tea tree oil? It changes the PH down there and makes it unfriendly to yeast.

madge said...

I love all-natural tips.

I'm not sure I'd do the garlic thing, but it really is fascinating...

FRITZ said...

Garlic is an amazing reliever of all sorts of ailments. For instance, if you are extremely gassy, you can rub the garlic essence over your belly button, lie on the floor, and lift your hips up and down. The gas will soon be alleiviated.

Additionally, yogurt is really important to women's health overall. It contains a bacteria that will replace the bacteria lost during a yeast infection (that's what causes it--one gets TOO clean!). So, I find this incredibly useful.

Tea tree oil, Sam, is like garlic. It fixes everything.