March 8, 2006

I Hate Everything: Variation on a Long Running Theme

I had another attack of the "I hate everythings" today. Woke up late, out of gasoline to be late for work where I found out I had over charged a woman by $20.oo on Monday. Only to be followed by criticism from my father for truck troubles (which I deserve) and a few other unpleasant surprises. Most of the things causing my grief could have been prevented. This is another running theme in my life. I wait until things are unavoidable to deal with them - let them weigh me down until my back breaks and my world ruptures. Had I faced them moths ago I would be over them and a happier person. Things that should be dealt with now will thus be faced six months from now, when they have grown from pesky dust bunnies too all out monsters. When will I learn?

A couple of things made me feel better.
1) When two waitresses who were working a double left today I called out behind the, "Bring me a surprise!" And then promptly forgot about it. When Linda, who is in her fifties (and who I frequently butt heads with) returned she slapped a plastic baggie down in front of me, labeled"Surprise!" It is was candy, and a number of different appliques for me to use in crafty ways. I shrieked with pleasure, "That's my surprise! I forgot!" and then the four tables in the restaurant all turned to look at me. I apologized loudly to all.
2) I drank, but not as much as I wanted. I wanted to drink myself stupid and then cry a lake to drown in, but instead I stopped. So that when I talked to Mr. Adventure..
3) I was giddy to hear that he would come over after work (see below).

I hope my evening continues it's positive trend.

1 comment:

FRITZ said...

I hate everything, too. Yesterday I hated (in order of appearance):
The unmade bed
the unpaid bills
the bitchy cat
the smell of my sheets
the chores I needed to do
my job
the kitchen and its lack of food

And then I realized:
I had not taken the Zoloft in two days.

PS: Please tell us more about Mr. Adventure. We love hearing about dating.