November 3, 2020

 I sew at our dining room table. Daily, I shuffle things from a stack on the buffet, to the table, and back. Self healing cutting mats are sandwiched between the wall and china cabinet. The ironing board is almost always out. It makes me pretty crazy to not have a creative space of my own, always have mid-project mess around, but it would be worse to clean it all up and not make anything. 

Someday in the future, we will move out of state. Someplace with water, where we can afford the acreage to grow lots of food and have a horse again. I’ll have a lot to learn about growing food in a new climate, and cold weather horse care. The thing that excites me most, is the knowledge that we will be able to purchase more house, so that I can be sure I will have my own creative space that doesn’t have to be dismantled at the end of each day. 

Last time we looked for a home my only absolute was that it have two bathrooms, next time I need two bathrooms, a built-in dishwasher, and an extra bedroom or workable basement space for me to have a studio. 

I’m actually terrified to uproot, and it’s years away, but I like having a light at the end of my tunnel every time I feel confined by our space. 


No comments: