November 13, 2018

More of the same

I feel like I am trying to swim through peanut butter, everything takes so much effort. I can't get the dishes done, I can't move the laundry out of the washer before it needs to be run through again, I can't remember what I had planned to make for dinner, I can't muster the brainpower to reply to a text message from a parent at the big girl's school. The other night I thought about how I could really benefit from a kid-free, work-free week. I could get so much done! Get through de-cluttering, get things clean before the holidays! Then I realized how much I would miss the girls if they were gone for a whole week, and how I would worry about them. Then I rolled my eyes at myself and threw my hands up in the air. I'm never going to win.

The past six months or so, I have fallen back on sewing as a creative outlet to recharge, but that is failing me now. I have had a string of projects not go as planned, and now sewing is starting to feel overwhelming. In fact, one of the things I could be doing right now is typing up an email to Seamwork about an issue I am having with construction on one of their patterns. It's 32 degrees outside right now, I'd like to finish sewing my coat, but that requires getting my phone so that I can include photos of the issue. It's on the to-do list.

While typing this, I realized that the pie pumpkins on the table in front of me that I bought as seasonal dĂ©cor with the intent to eat them at the end of the season, aren't looking too good. Let's add that to the list of things to address.

My automatic response to this feeling is to want to get in bed. Not helpful in this situation, AND it reminds me that I want to put on new bedding. Also on the list.

No comments: